Classes - All classes are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
Two year old class - For children turning two on or before September 1 -
Will attend two days each week - Tuesday and Thursday
Our two year old program is focused on providing a positive initial learning experience for each child in preparation for early success and school readiness. Through games, art, songs and finger plays, children’s literature and activities, our two year old children learn and grow at their own pace. Classroom activities follow our teacher developed curriculum, with an emphasis on letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and language skills.
Three year old class - For children turning three on or before September 1 -
Will attend three days each week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Our three year old program is an individualized curriculum that will include three basic learning areas:
1. The effective area: feelings, self-concept, emotions, and social self
2. The intellectual area: thinking, reasoning, and language
3. The motor area: movement, body control and senses
Activities include: Art, singing, games, music and movement, finger play, listening exercises, books and puzzles, dramatic play, outside and free play.
Four year old class - For children turning four on or before September 1 -
Will attend five days each week - Monday through Friday
Our four year old program is an individualized curriculum that will include the following skills and concepts:
1. Learn full name, address, birthday and phone number.
2. Reocognition of shapes and sizes.
3. Matching objects, sequencing, and colors, etc.
4. Recognition of numbers (also sets of ten) and upper / lower case alphabet.
5. Use of scissors, crayons, paints, paste, etc.
6. Listening / Sound identification / Content retention.
7. Cooperative activity and play.
8. Understanding and following instructions.
On the first Wednesday of each month, your child will be participating in "Chapel Time". The children will go to the Lavonia United Methodist Church sanctuary and our pastor will conduct a short children sermon, tell a Bible story and/or sing Bible songs.